Summary of Responsibilities
The Audio Visual Specialist is responsible for providing technical support and training on the use and operation of instructional and presentation technologies on campus. The primary goal of the Audio Visual Specialist is to ensure a quality education for all students attending Highlands College by offering support and training on the use and operation of instructional and presentation technologies on campus.
Audio Visual Services Director
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to faculty and staff pertaining to AV, media, and classroom technology.
- Offer AV advice and assistance as needed for on-campus events. Troubleshoot and respond to instructional technology problems reported by faculty, staff, and students.
- Train and collaborate with faculty and staff on the use of classroom technologies and video conferencing systems.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair activities on equipment as necessary. Maintain an inventory of equipment.
- Understand the software and technology systems used throughout the college and their interrelationships.
- Comprehend and adhere to policies and procedures, exercising judgment accordingly.
- Represent the AVS team and Highlands College to students and external vendors in a manner that reflects positively on the college.
- Be familiar with the building layout and room locations.
- Actively participate in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith, Core Values, and DNA of the College, exemplifying them through both word and lifestyle.
- Possess excellent customer service and relationship skills.
- Ability to assist customers over the phone and/or computer.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain technical information and details.
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or 2 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of multiple types of audiovisual equipment, including control systems, audio systems, audio/video conferencing, video streaming and recording, distance learning systems, projectors, media formats, etc.
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
- Good physical condition is required.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.
|Job Category||Full Time, Staff|