Highlands College is currently seeking qualified candidates to teach English Composition and lead the Writing Center. The position is open to candidates of all ranks and will begin as early as July 2023.
The Writing Center Director is primarily responsible for guiding students in the writing process and offering qualitative feedback. The Writing Center Director provides leadership in designing and implementing Writing Center programs and activities to meet the writing needs of students through tutoring, workshops, and the enhancement of writing throughout Highlands College. The Writing Center Director works with the Faculty to ensure a quality education for all students attending Highlands College.
Highlands College offers rank advancement but not tenure. Faculty rank is determined when hired based on credentials and teaching experience. Faculty are professional educators responsible for fulfilling the organizational mission, vision, values, strategic plan, and educational philosophy, with a primary goal of providing a quality education for all students attending Highlands College.
Highlands College pays 100% of the following benefits for faculty:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance (family coverage)
- Group hospital indemnity insurance (family coverage)
- Vision insurance through EyeMed Vision (family coverage)
- Short-term disability policy
- Long-term disability policy
- Life insurance
- Unlimited access to the HC Student Center (fitness/gym)
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
The following optional benefits are also available to faculty:
- Educational Assistance (tuition reimbursement % based on faculty rank)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 403(b) retirement account through GuideStone Financial Resources
- Supplemental life insurance (family coverage)
- Provide face-to-face writing instruction to equip students with solid writing skills.
- Provide face-to-face instruction for courses in English Composition.
- Maintain appropriate record-keeping and documentation for the Writing Center.
- Promote established Writing Center hours and be available to faculty and students.
- Foster a culture of academic excellence.
- Support the educational purposes and objectives of the College.
- Participate in shared faculty responsibilities, including serving on committees and attending faculty meetings, chapel services, commencement, and other events.
- Master’s degree in English Composition from an accredited institution (Alternatively, a completed master’s degree not in the field plus 18 graduate hours in the course content.)
- Passion for Biblical Higher Education
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, and students with diverse perspectives
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Compatibility with the institution’s Christian vision, mission, and Statement of Faith
- Willingness to engage in the mission and ministry of Church of the Highlands
- Doctorate in English with a focus on Composition
- Experience teaching at the collegiate level
- A demonstrated history of pedagogical excellence
*Preference will be given to candidates with a doctorate, candidates who have experience teaching English Composition at the collegiate level, and candidates with evidence of continued professional development.
To apply, email documentation to email@example.com as one combined PDF document. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All submissions must contain the following to be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement (500 words or fewer)
- Unofficial Transcripts for master’s and doctoral degrees
- Three Professional References (their title, email, phone number)
For more information regarding this position, please contact Stacey Benson, Foundational Studies Department Chair, at Stacey.Benson@highlandscollege.edu
Application review will begin on June 15th and continue until the position is filled.
|Job Category||Faculty, Full Time|